Gander

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Princess Cadance




Hello & welcome back to Trotting Through Life.  Today, I'm going to try something different.  Over the course of next three articles,  I'm going to be talking about some of my favorite non-Mane characters. Starting with Princess Cadance.  This'll be broken down into First Appearance,  Personality, Favorite Moment, & Why I Like The Character.   Now  before we get to fair into this, there is a bit of a controversy surrounding the spelling of Cadie's name as it has been spelled both Cadence and Cadance in the show and supplementary materials.  I use that latter because that is how it's spelled on the MLP Wiki.   Also, it's a lot easier then spelling out her full name, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza.


Princess Cadance made her first appearance in the season 2 finale, A Canterlot Wedding in a flashback where Twilight describes her the best foalsitter ever.





And the rest of the episode, we had a fake Cadance, who was actually The Changeling Queen in disguise.   




We don't see the real Cadance until the opening of Pt. 2 of this episode. 





And it ends with Cadance reuniting with her one true love Shining Armor, Twily's big brother and they are married off.  Now I'll admit that I do have my issues with Cadie and Shining Armor such as if they are so important to Twilight's life, why did the show wait until the second season finale to introduce them.  Now most fans are not keen on Cadance and were miffed when a third alicorn princess was introduced but I honestly don't care because she is my favorite of the princesses.  Yeah, yeah unpopular opinion but this is the same guy that cites Cars as his favorite Pixar film.  Now like Twilight at least according to Twilight Sparkle and The Crystal Heart Spell, Cadance was not born an alicorn like her little sister-in-law.  





No, she was actually born a pegasus and was adopted by Princess Celestia as her niece and took her in and became an alicorn after she was able to teach a crotchety old mare how to think of others.  And she went through something similar as what we saw with Celestia's Ballad. 







Which is a nice touch.


Personality


Cadance's personality is simple to describe, she is kind caring and she is the princess of love.  As her special talent is to be able to remind ponies how they feel about one another.  Now this is a little cheesy, yeah but I think it's kinda cute and I like it.



Favorite Moment


This is easy, here ya go...


This Day Aria







I chose this moment as my favorite because it shows how much Cadance truly cares for her love and will do anything by his side. Plus this is just a great song.  Easily one of the best from the show.  Although I'll admit that...

Sunshine, sunshine, ladybugs awake! Clap your hooves and do a little shake!


did come rather close because it is just so adorable and I do it each time, these two do it an episode and I was more then upset that it wasn't included in Equestira Girls.   Ah well.



Why Do I Like This Character


Y'know  it's hard to me to pinpoint exactly why I like Cadance so much.  By all accounts, she isn't a very well developed character.  Even though I love her almost as much as Fluttershy,  I'll admit that she could use some more characterization and maybe an episode devoted to her in season 4 could help in this regard. Well actually, the next arc  in the IDW comics is about Cadance and Shining Armor's high school years. But I'm a little disappointed to hear that they are making Cadance, the popular girl.  If only because the very well done Tumblr,  Ask High School Cadance, features a nerdy Cadance.







Well, this is my look at Princess Cadance.  Join me next week when I look at my favorite filly...


Scootaloo










No comments:

Post a Comment