Gander

Tuesday, January 24, 2017

The Great and Powerful Mini-Retrospective: An Introduction





Hello & welcome back to Trotting Through Life.  If you've followed this blog for any length of time, you are familiar with the character retrospectives that I've done in the past for characters from The Mane Six.  Thus far, we've had Flutter Month (Yay),  Rarity Retrospective, and Party With Pinkie and later this year, we will have A Dash of Awesome. But I've decided that to keep interest going in between, these big events that I would do smaller retrospectives for characters that aren't as prominently featured such as Cadance, Luna, Starlight Glimmer, and starting with.....



THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE 



Now, there is another for why I've decided to do these mini-retrospectives.  A lot of the episodes that will be covered in these mini retrospectives star Twilight. And I'm saving the Twilight Sparkle Retrospective for last as she is the main character but I figure by doing these mini-retrospectives, I can possibly cut the number of episodes that I'll have to review, when it finally comes time to do the Twilight Retrospective.  Now, I've already looked at Trixie's overall character back in 2013 and I don't think there is much more that I can add to that.    Now overall, this'll be a rather short retrospective as there only three episodes that I'll be looking at, Boast Busters, Magic Duel, and No Second Prances.



 




Now normally, when I do one of these character retrospectives, I also look at comics and a book starring the character that the retrospective is focused on.   Well, Trixie will have a book in the future coming out in March.




So, book review is off the table but Trixie does a couple of comics that I can review including an arc from the Mane Series as I'll look at the Manehattan Mysteries and then Friends Forever Issue that saw her teaming up with Dashie.   



 






Though I will say that I am kinda bummed that the Rarity and Trixie Friends Forever issue isn't out yet as I would read that, even if I wasn't doing this Mini-Retrospective.




Things are about to get Great and Powerful.  Join me as we start this Mini-Retrospective with Boast Busters.








No comments:

Post a Comment