Gander

Sunday, March 31, 2013

My Top 12 Moments of MLP: FIM (By Moviefan12)


Greetings Manic fans. Moviefan12 here today to talk about a show that has become quite the craze.   A show that if you told me two years ago, that I'd not only watch but count it as my favorite cartoon, I would've laughed it off.  That show is none other then


My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic














But I have fallen in love with this show and it's not to hard to see why. The characters are great,  I love the animation and this show has some of the best music in a children's show.  And today, I'd like to present my top 12 moments of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.  Why Top 12? Because I like going one step BEYOND one step beyond. LOL!


Warning:  Spoilers and random acts of Pinkie Pie ahead....




Honorable Mention:  Drunk Pinkie Pie Sees Bronies In  A Little Piece of Heaven.   Okay, this is a moment I knew that I wanted to include.  It's only an honorable mention because well,  it is from a  shipping fanficiton pairing Spitfire and Rainbow Dash together. That is actually quite good and it is a prequel to a trilogy about them adopting and then raising Scootaloo.  Anyways this comes in chapter five, when the Mane 6 plus Spitfire are having a party at Sugarcube Corner and Pinkie is drunk. That right there sold me because drunk Pinkie Pie just sounds hilarious.   And the fact that apparently when she's drunk, she sees  these creatures called Bronies is really funny. It got a pretty good chuckle out of me and apparently one of these Bronies was checking out Rarity.

AND ONTO THE LIST...




12.  Going Inside Pinkie's Mind in A Friend In Deed


















Pinkie Pie is the most random of the mane 6 and I love her for that.   Her best episode is easily A Friend In Deed where we see that Pinkie knows everyone in Ponyville and wants to be friends with everyone.   That brings us to Cranky and Cranky has on interest in being her friend and Pinkie wonders what happened and this is where the most glorious moment of the episode comes into play.   The show takes us inside Pinkie's mind to show us her thought process of what went wrong with Cranky.  The big thing that is so funny about this moment to me isn't the fact that it's play straight but rather we go from flash animation to this stop motion, which I think works greatly rather well to show the audience Pinkie Pie's thought process.



11.  Pinkie's Cover Has Been Blown In The Crystal Empire Pt. 1
















I could easily fill this list with just Pinkie Pie moments.  Okay, so this moment from The Crystal Empire has to be Pinkie's most random moment. When this moment starts, we see Fluttershy walk up to Twilight Sparkle and then we see her start to unzip and reveal herself to be Pinkie Pie.   Then she declares that her cover had been blown.  The big thing that makes this moment work is how unexpected it is.  As you think it's Fluttershy until you see Pinkie starting to unzip.  For some setup, Twilight had sent her five friends out to get information about The Crystal Empire and Pinkie took the spy approach. And the costume joke works wonderfully in that regard.



10. Applejack Making Dresses In Magical Mystery Cure













In the first half of the season three finale, Magical Mystery Cure, five of the mane six's cutie marks, (the things that represent what they are best at) had been swapped. And Applejack, Ponyville's resident apple farmer and a bit of a tomboy had now gotten Fashionista  Rarity's cutie mark and just looking at the terrible and ugly dresses would make Rarity faint of as she would say "This is the worst possible thing!".  I know the episode was going for a bit of a somber and sad tone with the musical number that this song appeared in but I busted out laughing when I saw this.



9. Rarity Breaks Her Glass Slipper in The Best Night Ever
















This episode had three great nods to Cinderella. The first two before the theme song and the last one right around the ending of the episode. As you see in this episode, the girls are attending The Grand Galloping Gala.  Canterlot's biggest ball and each of the girls have different dreams that they wish to fulfill while at The Gala.   For Rarity, it was to find her Prince Charming. Well, she found a prince alright. Prince Blueblood, who couldn't be further from being Charming.   He was rude and crude and just a pompous stuck up.  And while Rarity may be  a bit dramatic, she does have a sense of  grace and dignity.  She was so frustrated by Blueblood and on the girl's way out, she loses one of her glass slippers in reference to Cinderella and Pinkie points this out and says her prince can now find her.  Rarity not wanting this to happen decides to break the slipper.  Not only is this moment funny but it also shows that Rarity has a bit of class and won't let a man treat her the way Blueblood did. Which frankly, he treated her like dirt.



8.  Twilight Gets Her Cutie Mark In The Cutie Mark Chronicles








YES YES YES!  Those words sum up this moment moment perfectly.  Seeing these two mares get excited are two of the most adorable things in this show..  Her moment of excitement comes after she had passed her entrance exam for Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns and the Princess wishes to take Twilight on as her own personal student, which leads the little filly to jump up in excitement screaming "YES YES YES".  But she isn't done just yet as this is also the day, she got her cutie mark for being good at magic and once again led to adorable Twily jumping up for joy.  Just watching this little filly's excitement can melt one's heart.  



7.   Twilight Reunites with The Real Cadance In A Canterlot Wedding Pt. 2



Again for some setup in this two parter that served as season 2's finale.  Twilight's older Shining Armor was getting married to Twilight's old sitter, Princess Cadance.   But throughout the entire episode, the villain Queen Chryasails had been masquerading as Cadance.  Twilight was the only out of her friends that knew something was up and in the end of Pt. 1 to where our hero had  been sent away to underneath the castle.   Just seeing Twilight getting to  reunite with this mare from her past was very touching and led to the introduction to one of my favorite characters.




6.  The Sonic Rainboom In The Cutie Mark Chronicles & Sonic Rainboom



The Sonic Rainboom is a legendary aerial stunt that has only been pulled by one  pegasus.    Rainbow Dash, she has pulled off this amazing feat three times in her life. The first time being when she got her cutie mark in a race defending  Fluttershy's honor against three bullies that were making fun of her friend and then in the titular episode, where she had to save her friend, Rarity and her idols, the Wonderbolts. The Sonic Rainboom is when a pegasus flies so fast that they create a rainbow behind them.   The other time, she pulled it off and I didn't list was at the wedding of Princess Cadance and Twilight's brother, Shining Armor.   Now, the first time, Rainbow Dash pulled off the Sonic Rainboom as a young filly is not just important to her but also her five friends as seeing the rainbow that came from it, helped them to discover their destinies. And thus gain their cutie marks as well.  Leading these six friends to have a connection even before they met and became friends.



5.   Gabby Gums Signs off In Ponyville Confidential




The Cutie Mark Crusaders are three adorable little fillies who'll try anything to earn their cutie marks such as here, when they write for their school paper, The Foal Free Press. Everything starts out innocently enough but they are told by the head editor, Diamond Tiara to get more juicy stories and thus Gabby Gums is born.  At first, the gossip is okay but overtime, it does get out of hand and  the CMC are feeling bad and want to put Gabby Gums to rest but Diamond Tiara won't let them and once everyone in town, finds out, that they were the ones writing the gossip, the town turns their back on them.  Which brings me the the moment, I've chosen from this episode.   As I was saying, the CMC were growing tired of Gabby Gums and wanted to put her down.  So, they wrote one last Gabby Gums article revealing that they knew what they did was wrong and they felt bad about it.  I found the letter with coming clean to be very mature and I think it showed that the CMC were willing to admit when they had wronged the people they care most for.



4.   Scootaloo Admits Her Fears To Rainbow Dash In Sleepless In Ponyville 





 This episode is important in terms of my fandom.  As most of you know, I didn't start watching this show until last year and this was the first new episode that I saw.   And what an episode.   It is because of this episode  that I've wanted to see the relationship between Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo (Best CMC) developed into that of a big sister/little sister relationship.  Anyways in this episode, the Cutie Mark Crusaders along with their big sisters decide to go on a camping trip and little Scoots is more then excited that her idol is coming to.  Now on the first night, Rainbow Dash tells some scary stories that scare Scootaloo. She doesn't want to admit it to Rainbow Dash because she fears that Dashie will think less of her.     Well, Scootaloo finally tells her after some persuading from Princess Luna and  Dash is actually very understanding and admits that those stories scared her, the first time she heard them.   I think the big reason, I like this moment so much is because it show that even if you are scared someone will think less of you.    Just admit, they've done something, that scared you and they may be able to accept it and be understanding. Also it resulted in the cutest hug on the show.  







3.  The Duels In Magic Duel 




There is only one  word to describe both duels between The Great and Powerful Trixie and Twilight Sparkle in Magic Duel.  Intense!  Both of these duels had me on the edge of my seat, the first time I watched this episode.  Seeing what Trixie and Twilight were going to throw at each other was so entertaining and then the fact that Trixie was defeated with illusions instead of real magic as Twilight knew that she couldn't beat her so long as Trixie was wearing the alicorn amulet was very clever.  Honestly, both of the duels in this episode were gripping and  I just got so excited.



2.  Fluttershy Scolds The Dragon In Dragonshy




Just as I said I could feel this list with Pinkie Pie moments,  I had to resist the urge to make every moment on this list, a Fluttershy moment.  So I  decided to go with the moment that sealed her as my favorite character.   Dragonshy is my all time favorite episode of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.  Well okay, it's tied with Hurricane Fluttershy, and Putting Your Hoof Down for that spot.  Anyways as I was saying Dragonshy is the episode that made me pick Fluttershy as my favorite pony.  Why?  Well,   Fluttershy is the scaredy pony of the group and here she had to face her fears.  Yeah,  around every corner there was something that Fluttershy was scared of. She's like Shaggy from Scooby Doo in that sense but without the appetite and it played more for cuteness but I like it.  Anyways in Dragonshy, the Mane Six have to confront a sleeping dragon as his snoring is causing all of Ponyville to be covered in smoke.   Their goal is to try and get him to leave.  We see  some of the girls try different methods and none of them work and when Fluttershy sees her friends down, she gets the courage to stand up to the dragon. And that was just awesome.  As it showed to me that even though Fluttershy may be the shy and timid one in the group, if you mess with her friends, you've crossed a line.  Here's the moment that you can see it in how it's glory.  




That's why,  I love Fluttershy so much.   She is willing to face down her fears,  when it comes to protecting the ones, she loves.     








1.  A True True Friend In Magical Mystery Cure















Okay, I wanted to avoid putting songs on here but I had to have this one on here as while not my favorite song from the show,  it is perhaps the most important song in showing how much the girls mean to each other and why I love them and they are some of my favorite characters.  Here is a link to the song. As previously mentioned, in this episode, the girls' cutie marks are accidentally swapped and here,  the spell is undone as the girls help each other.   There are quite  a few reasons as to why I had to put this on here. First, it shows me that the girls will always be there for one another in their time of need.   It's just a flat out beautiful song and I'd be lying if I didn't mention this song made me cry.   Yeah, the first time I heard this song was when it was leaked on Equestira Daily, a few days before the finale.  I was in the hospital waiting room because I had to take my dad there and I was scared. So, I turned to MLP to help me get through it and I listened to this song. Call it a mix of emotions but this song got to me and made me teary eyed.  Of course, it was early in the morning and when I actually saw it in the finale, those tears came back seeing it again because this is what the show is about. This song perfectly embodies the messages of this show.   It is a reminder that friendship is indeed magic.   I never wanted this song to end  because it just puts a big smile on my face and warms my heart every time, I hear it.



If you like this show, what are some of your favorite moments?  I'd like to know, my friends.  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment