Gander

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Rarity Retrospective Finale: A Look at Rarity's Songs




Hello & welcome back to Trotting Through Life and to the finale of the Rarity Retrospective.  Originally, I was going to countdown my Top 6 Rarity Moments but I thought instead that I'd end this by revisiting Miss Rarity's songs. Sure, I've looked at all of these songs before but Rarity has some of the best songs in the show and it fills fitting to end this way, instead of a Top 6.  With that out of the way, let's begin.




Art of The Dress


 




Ah, I just love this song.  It's easily one of Rarity's best songs from the entire show.  You get to hear Rarity's passion for fashion in this song quite well.  You can just tell how excited she is to make these dresses for her friends.  And then the stress that is consuming her as she gives into her friends' demands to make the dresses, the way that they want them. Even though, she knows that isn't the best decision. 


Becoming Popular







This for a while there was my favorite Rarity song.  It's like I said in my review,  it's just so fun hearing Rarity sing about getting everything that she wants.  It's a sweet and simple little song that encompasses all of Rarity's dreams up to that point.  And I think that's part of the reason that I like it so much as it's so great hearing Rarity bask in all this adoration being thrown her way.



Generosity


  



Now, this is my favorite Rarity song from my favorite Rarity episode. This would've been # 1, had I gone through with my moments list. I feel as though this song shows why Rarity deserves the element that she was bestowed.  And I just love the old timey Broadway feel of this song as that is a type of music that I love and I think it's the most fitting for Rarity.  Now, what about the reprise? It's a great realization moment for Rarity as  she wakes up to how cruelly, she treated her friends.



Life Is A Runway






Again, this song does fit Rarity and her love of fashion but out of all the Rarity songs that have been released, I feel as though this is the most hollow.  It's not bad but I don't know, it just feels empty. It's fun but there's really nothing to it other than that.  





I hope that you've enjoyed my look at Rarity and while we may be through with this Retrospective,  we aren't done with Rarity just yet. Join me for next month's Nightmare Night as we take a look at what happens, when a member of the Mane Six becomes a villain as we look at...

Nightmare Rarity




No comments:

Post a Comment