Gander

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Celebrating One Year of Being A Brony




Hello & welcome to a special edition of Trotting Through Life.  You see, this month marks the one year anniversary since I've discovered this wonderful show.  Now, what to do to celebrate.   I want to do something special. but what?    Hmm,  I've already dedicated an entire month to cutest pony and I've already gone over my 12 favorite songs.     My Top 6 Favorite Episodes of season 1.    Yep, that's good.     With that out of the way, these are my top 6 episodes of season 1.



6.  Fall Weather Friends 



Now,  if you know me, you know that I'm not the biggest Applejack fan in the world,  in fact you might say that she is one of my least favorite characters but  this episode, which is nice in how simple it is, with showcasing the competitive nature between AJ and Rainbow Dash and watching during the Running of the Leaves and I'll admit that this is perhaps one of the funniest episodes in the entire series and even though,  you know that these two are both in the wrong, it is just so much fun to watch and this episode is that can just put a big grin on my face.  


5.  Look Before You Sleep   





While Suited Fall Weather Friends is funny,  this one is so much funnier because the comedic timing between Rarity and Applejack with their clashing personalities is great,  though I will admit that it does seem a bit out of character for Twilight to be wanting to throw a sleepover but the set up is great and the tension that is building between AJ and Miss Rarity as the episode goes on is just great.  And this episode is worth for this scene alone.





4.    The Best Night Ever



At The Gala, At The Gala.   This episode has a lot of great build up to it throughout the season spread out and I like the fact that they took the girls' dreams and showed that sometimes, they don't always work out, the way one would hope and showing that sometimes, you can have the best night ever just by sticking with your friends.  And also,  this episode has my all time favorite song from,  At The Gala.










3.  Suited For Success












If you know me,  you know that Miss Rarity is one of my favorite characters and this episode is the episode, where I fell in love with Miss Rarity as a character and why, she is the only one I refer to as Miss.  Because while Fluttershy is my favorite pony,  this episode elevated Rarity to be the character, I respect the most on this show because of her ambition and her passion for fashion.  It is just so lovely watching her and even though, you can see Miss Rarity is in over her head, she just wants to please her friends and make them happy but at we see that doesn't always work out of the best,  which is wonderfully exemplified in  Art of The Dress.  In that number,  you can see the stress that Rarity's friends are putting on her get to her, while at the same time, she still wants to please them.  Somewhere, we've all been.




Also,  this song gave birth to 20% Cooler.  My favorite MLP meme.





2.  Cutie Mark Chronicles















This episode is one that is important to the show as a whole as it sets up how the Mane 6 got their Cutie Marks and discovered their special talent and plus  seeing the Mane 6 as fillies was just so cute!!!  And it was kinda cool to learn that the Sonic Rainboom that Rainbow Dash created is what caused the Filly 6 to get their marks and honestly,  each one of the stories makes perfect sense in terms of whom, it relates to.  Applejack's mostly focuses on her happiness with her family,  Pinkie discovers that she likes making others happy by throwing parties.  Fluttershy  (who may be even cuter then usual in this episode)  learns of her special talent with her animal friends.   Twilight's  is about bettering herself to be the best that she can be and Rarity's, goes back to her passion and Rainbow Dash's shows that even as a little filly, she was still pretty awesome.



1.  Dragonshy














Not only, is this my favorite episode of season 1,  this is my favorite episode of the entire series.  Now,  I already reviewed this episode at great length during Flutter Month as this was the first episode to star best pony in a leading role and this episode is why Fluttershy is my favorite pony.  It was so adorable watching her because you knew she was scared and didn't want to go and I could at least feel for both sides of what was happening here because the other five were in their right to be upset with Fluttershy except for Rainbow Dash, who was being a jerk but I don't hold that against her too much.  And this episode is filled with so many great moments but the one that truly makes this episode stand out, is at the end when Fluttershy stands up to dragon with my favorite moment of her "How Dare You" tirade ripping into the dragon.  That was when, I knew that this show was awesome and that Fluttershy was my favorite character.



There you have it,  my 6 favorite episodes of season 1.  I hope that you've enjoyed this and this was timely seeing as season 4 starts on Saturday.  YES!!!!!!!!!!!  Peace! 

No comments:

Post a Comment