Gander

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Top 6 Equestira Girls Moments



Hello & welcome back to Trotting Through Life and today, we continue our look at Equestira Girls as I countdown my Top 6 Equestira Girls Moments.  Spoilers ahead but you should know that, if you read my spoiler-filled review.   Look,  I don't care about spoilers.  They don't ruin the story for me.  With that out of the way,  I have to say that it was hard choosing just 6 moments from the film.  With that out of the way, let's get started but first, I have two honorable mentions.


Honorable Mentions


Fluttershy's Reaction To Twilight Eating Her Apple





Regrettably, there are no actual Fluttershy moments on the list.  This came close however and it is a funny moment.  Here is human Fluttershy's reaction to Twilight Sparkle trying to eat an apple like a horse.  Funny and cute but there are a lot of better moments in the film.




Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom Driving Ms. Cheerliee Crazy





Poor Cheerilee having to put with the girls listening to their music video and the noise polluting the quiet sanctuary that is the library.   This was really funny and even if I don't like The Showstoppers,  I did appreciate the joke.  






6.  Pinkie's Wild Hair in This Is Our Big Night






I'll be super honest and say that it was really hard to choose just one Pinkie moment from the film because just like her pony counterpart, Pinkie was hilarious in this film but I think the different hairstyles,  she went through during This Is Our Big Night had me cracking up the most with Pinkie. Now these aren't most of them but a good majority.  I've come to call the first one, Pinkie Longstocking and look at that, we even get the Pinkamena hair.  This was just great and so funny to see.  How did she even do the swan?   Never mind, it's Pinkie.  Don't question it.



5. "A talking dog is the weird thing about all this?"




This line is classic Spike right here as one of the students is surprised to learn that Spike can talk and this is after the girls had defeated  Sunset Shimmer.  Spike's reaction is perfect because after everything that was shown, a talking dog should've been the least weird thing about the events that transpired.  



4.   The Great and Powerful Trixie wanted Peanut Butter Crakcers




This was a great moment right here as we got the classic Trixie talking in third person and referring to herself but it was just about peanut butter crackers.  Do not get between Trixie and her peanut butter crackers.  It was a cute little moment and it got a good chuckle out of me but of course, I love Trixie.




3.  Demonic Sunset Shimmer


   



The first time I saw this,  my mind was like "whoa!"  Okay,  I don't want to spend too much time with Demonic Sunset Shimmer as I already went over what I thought she was representative of in my review.  In how, this is Sunset Shimmer's true form coming to light and the hatred and anger that she in her all these years has finally taken over and it was because of placing t Element of Magic on her head.   And as I said, this was a wee bit creepy but in a fun kind of way for me, when I saw it in the movie.




2.   Helping Twilight Win The Crown







I went back and forth and back and forth over the placement of this and my # 1 choice.  I love this number and as I said in the review, its a great come together teamwork and yeah, it does have that sappy "Be Yourself"  message but what's wrong with that.   And besides that, this is just a very fun song.  It is able to deliver it's message in a rather entertaining fashion.



1.   Twilight's Reflection  





Okay,  I have to say even though I liked the film, this moment made me realized DHX is much better with the ponies but that's a side point.   This became my number 1 moment because  I feel that this is the best emotional Twilight Sparkle has ever had.  As I mentioned we see her in a breakdown here but not the usual played for laughs psychotic breakdowns that she is known but rather a simple  scared breakdown.  As she knows that she only has that night to get the crown back.  And seeing her pony self in the mirror represents that.  It is a reminder of what she left behind, when she came to this world and how if she doesn't succeed, she may not be able to return home.  It's such a quick moment but it is rather important for Twilight and I find it to be the saddest moment in the film.   And  I think this scene has the most weight behind it and that is why, I had to place it as my # 1 moment from Equestira Girls.




I hope that you've enjoyed my Top 6 Equestira Girls Moments and this Equestira Girls Weekend.  However, we still aren't done with Equestira Girls.  Join me next time as I close out these EQG Reviews as I review the comic that explored Sunset Shimmer's origins.  Until then, peace! 



No comments:

Post a Comment