Gander

Friday, August 9, 2013

Flutter Month (Yay!) Finale: Top 6 Fluttershy Moments







Hello  & welcome to the finale of Flutter Month.  For obvious reasons, this has been my favorite event on Trotting.  And it's been awhile since I did a character Top 6. Last time, it was Pinkie Pie, Andrea Libman's other character but today, we are counting down my Top 6 favorite Fluttershy moments.  With that out of the way, let's begin.



6.  Yay!  - Sonic Rainboom















This was the most obvious moment for the list and that's why, it's only at  # 6.  When fans think of Fluttershy,  her yay is usually the first moment that comes to mind. Even Andrea Libman has said herself that this sums up Flutters.  And I can see that as Fluttershy is a rather soft-spoken mare and it is rather hard for her to get excited.  And that comes across well in this moment.



5.  This Is Me Being Brave - Magic Duel















This has to be one of Fluttershy's most adorable moments.   After The Great and Powerful  (and awesome) Trixie had defeated Twilight Sparkle and taken over Ponyville, Twilight had been banished.  So, the rest of the Mane 6 needed to get a message to Twily.  And Rainbow Dash volunteered Fluttershy to go into the Everfree Forest.   Needless to say, Flutters didn't want to go.  What makes this moment work is that it is just so funny, while keeping Fluttershy in character.  She doesn't want to go but she know her friends need her help.



4.  My Destiny - Magical Mystery Cure

















In Magical Mystery Cure, all of the ponies' Cutie Marks were switched up and Rainbow Dash got Fluttershy's.  After some convincing from Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy helps out Dashie with the animals and she realizes that it was what she was meant to do. That it was her destiny.  I think the big reason, I like this moment so much is because of the fact, that it feels like a wake up call and a sense of belonging for Fluttershy.   And plus that image is pretty cool.



3.  YOUR'E GOING TO LOVE ME  -  The Best Night Ever

















Yeah, Fluttershy went nuts and I think she took Margaret Hamilton's version of the Wicked Witch in this moment.  You see, all of the girls in the season 1 finale went to the Grand Galloping Gala with different goals in mind.  Fluttershy's was to meet the animals but the animals kept on avoiding her at every turn.  Nothing, she could do would get to pay attention.  She broke  down towards the end of the episode and went nuts.  Seeing someone who is usually calm like Fluttershy break down like that is hysterical because you do not expect that with her and that is what made it all the funnier.




2. Staring Down The Cockatrice - Stare Master















Now we go all the way back to the second Fluttershy episode, I reviewed.  You don't mess with Fluttershy and this moment is one of the big reasons as to why.  As stated in that review,  Fluttershy was foal-sitting the CMC. And being the silly but adorable little kids, that they are.  They got into a lot of trouble and the cockatrice was a big example of that but Fluttershy stared down the cockatrice.  This was simply an awesome moment all around.



1.  Scolding The Dragon - Dragonshy















Ah yes, my favorite moment from the show from my favorite episode.   Now I've talked about this one moment a lot in the past.  So,  I really don't want to repeat myself too much here but I'm just going to say as I've said before, the big reason that this moment works for me is because all throughout this episode, we have Fluttershy being scared of any and everything but when push comes to shove and her friends are down and out. She gets up and gives that dragon, a piece of her mind.  And it was great.  Because, it showed that Fluttershy will be there for friends, when the chips are down.




And thus concludes Flutter Month.  I hope that you guys enjoyed this event as much as I did. It was a blast getting to spend a month talking about my favorite character and show, why I love her as much as I do.  And don't worry, there will be other character months down.  Miss Rarity Month  (This is Not Whining) is going to be the next one but that won't be for a while.  Oh no,  I have something special with Magic Dust coming up for you guys on ME and after that, I finally review...


Equestira Girls






















No comments:

Post a Comment